San Angelo ISD proudly celebrates four educators selected as Market Street outstanding teachers for going above and beyond to make a difference with students in San Angelo, and who were honored last night by Market Street at the SAISD May Board Meeting, including:
- Kendra Albarado, Lake View High School Biology/Environmental Systems teacher and Head Tennis coach,
- Miranda Chavez, Glenn Middle School English teacher,
- Tara Kellicut, Glenn Middle School English teacher, and
- Veronica Stapper, Glenmore Elementary School, Second Grade teacher.
Last night, Tuesday, May 17, 2022, Market Street San Angelo Store Director Kylon Atteberry and Market Street Representative Jim Marks, announced the four SAISD educators were the winning nominations of the Market Street Teacher Appreciation Contest out of more than 400 nominations.
“Market Street recognizes the importance that teachers play in the lives of young people and wanted to say thank you. Your local Market Street Supermarket believes in education, your local community, and trying to make a difference…,” said Mr. Marks. “You are blessed with some truly wonderful teachers.”
Community members were invited to nominate educators in the San Angelo community as part of the Market Street Teacher Appreciation Contest. Below are excerpts from nomination forms for the winning educators, as shared by Mr. Marks at the Board Meeting:
- From a nomination form for Ms. Albarado: “She strives to teach teachers life lessons to prepare them for the real world challenges. As a coach, she equally strives to make students see the importance of their teamwork and hard work. She isn’t afraid to share her struggles as well as let others know that nothing comes easy. Kendra works hard to provide meaningful lessons, and she collaborates with her colleagues to stay aligned. She truly shows that teaching is a work of art.” - excerpt from the nomination for Ms. Albarado.
- From a nomination form for Ms. Chavez: “She would put notes telling us how much she missed us…” and “When I lost my dad in June 2021 she got in touch with me and checked on me, and helped me feel a little better about the situation. Mrs. Chavez was always there for me and my classmates during the 7th grade, in-person, online and after and still is there to help me and give me advice today. Mrs. Chavez was the best teacher and role model that I could ever have, and I hope that I might have the chance of having her teach me in the future.”
- From a nomination form for Ms. Kellicut: “Ms. Kellicut is a most amazing teacher. She is dedicated to each and every student, and comes across and takes a whole-hearted interest in each one… She always has snacks for anyone who is hungry. Ms. Kellicut cares. Regardless of hours and hours of planning and lesson preparation, and ever-increasing demands from her job, Ms. Kellicut comes to school to teach every day with passion and making such a difference in the lives of the students she serves. She is an incredible teacher.”
- From a nomination form for Ms. Stapper: “She goes out of her way to help her students in any way that she can.. My son comes home from school and tells me how much he enjoys having her as a teacher. She is just the sweetest and nicest person, and I’m glad that my youngest gets to have her as a teacher.”
The educators selected for the honor each received gift cards from $500 to $250 as part of the recognition and in appreciation of their dedication to the children of San Angelo. Glenmore Elementary School also received an additional award of a $500 gift card as the campus submitting the most nominations in the contest. Mr. Max Parker, SAISD Board President, expressed gratitude to Market Street noting appreciation for their generosity in honoring our teachers.
The District commends community partners like Market Street for their support of public education, educators and employees, and our SAISD Difference Maker educators who exemplify the attributes of the SAISD Educator Profile. Congratulations to Ms. Albarado, Ms. Chavez, Ms. Kellicut and Ms. Stapper on this recognition, and thank you to each of you for all you do to positively impact the lives of our students. Our people truly make the difference. To stay up-to-date on San Angelo ISD, please visit the SAISD website at www.saisd.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
About The United Family®
In its 106th year of operation, United Supermarkets, LLC – d.b.a. The United Family® – is a Texas-based grocery chain with stores in 54 communities in Texas and New Mexico. A self-distributing company with headquarters and distribution centers in Lubbock, The United Family currently operates 96 stores under five unique banners: United Supermarkets, Market Street, Amigos, Albertsons Market and United Express, along with ancillary operations R.C. Taylor Distributing, USM Manufacturing, United Food and Beverage Services and Llano Logistics. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Albertsons Companies, Inc For more information, please visit www.theunitedfamily.com.